|Price Range||$800,000 – $9,000,000|
|Square Footage||891 Sqft – 3,349 Sqft|
|Move In||April 2012|
|Maintenence||$0.97 per sqft|
Welcome to the private estates and residences at Living Shangri-La Toronto. Five Star living above the incomparable Shangri-La Hotel Toronto atop a city so fine the world wants to call it home. Boasting a sumptuous array of in-house privileges and opulent extras, every discerning standard is met with intelligence, beauty, wisdom and grace.
Living Shangri-La is elegantly situated on prestigious University Avenue, Toronto’s ceremonial grand boulevard. Surrounded by Adelaide and Simcoe streets, the property is just steps away from the city’s finest entertainment, cultural, shopping, business, education and dining venues.
Westbank and Peterson Group with James KM Cheng Architects are arguably Canada’s foremost luxury residential developers and designers. For Living Shangri-La Toronto, their collective vision has been integrated into an elegant and timeless 66 story “Vancouver-style” glass tower.
The uncompromising design program features the exclusive 200 room Shangri-La Hotel (floors 1-17) with 20,000 square feet of amenity space that includes an indoor pool, fitness center, spa, 2 restaurants, lounge, business centre, private theatre, banquette rooms all accessible to the residents and one of Canada’s largest public art commissions. Atop, the Residences (floors 18-49) and Private Estates (floors 50-66) offer superior views and lifestyle above Toronto.
Perfect Lifestyle Investment
The 704-foot glass tower is a timeless, elegant form, respectful of its privileged setting on University Avenue, Toronto’s grand boulevard. The tapered appearance of the tower responds to its landmark site on the curve of the avenue, opening to spectacular city and lake views. Transparency is achieved by the streamlined glazing along with a series of light-filled glass pavilions at the podium to address the street in an invitational manner. Landscaped indoor-outdoor amenities on the ground floor and via elevated terraces further animate the base of the property. A unique folded faceting feature on the University Avenue elevation provides architectural interest, reminiscent of a prism, enlivening both daytime and night time experiences of the building.
High performance, double-glazed, low-E coated, clear curtainwall glazing system.
The angled southwest facade is finished in the same high-performance curtainwall system with a tinted glass to address the heightened sun exposure.
Stone cladding accents the walls at the base of the tower as an extension of the stone finish over the entire ground plane.
Glazed canopies provide weather protection along the street edge.
Reinforced concrete construction
Long span flat plate floors minimize columns and maximize ceiling heights in suites.
Extra thick 11” floor slabs reduce low frequency floor-to-floor noise transmission.
Wind and seismic forces carried by a central tapered and stepped reinforced concrete core with shear walls up to 48” in thickness.
Wind design based on specialized wind tunnel study
Mechanical & Electrical Design
Centralized low energy air conditioning, four-pipe fan coil system with central high efficient chiller plant.
Cast iron plumbing waster piping to maximize noise reduction.
Separate power utility metering for Shangri-La Hotel and condominiums (Residences and Private Estates)
Standby generator set for base building backup.
Fully tested commercial curtainwall system is custom designed for the project and offers:
Tubular framing sections for additional rigidity, strength, and durability with maximized vision sealed panels for minimal obstruction of views.
Pre-glazed modules, factory assembled under strict quality controls.
Fully engineered system with increased performance against wind-driven rainfall.
Exterior glazed assembly providing an interior continuos air and water barrier protected fromthe exterior elements.
Fully compartmentalized individual modules prevent multiple occurances of building envelope failures.
Durable material construction minimizes maintenance requirements and increases long-term performance.
Envelope design and installation reviewed by developer’s consultant.
Amenities and Services
• Exclusive doorman and concierge services
• Valet service available.
• Limousine service is provided within the downtown area and airport.
• Heated indoor pool, hot tub and deck managed by Shangri-La Hotel.
• Fitness centre: extensive, 2500-square-foot facility with top-of-the-line TechnoGym equipment, machines, free weights; yoga/pilates spaces; steam room and high-tech showers.
• Resort style locker and changing facilities
• The Spa at Shangri-La offering an array of personal indulgences.
• Corporate quality function rooms and luxurious private banquet rooms with high-resolution video projection, wireless Internet, video conferencing.
• Business Centre with semi-private work stations and a private office.
• World-class 40-seat multi-media screening room
• Optional housekeeping and other hotel services, including room service.
• Access to Shangri-La Hotel lounge and fine dining restaurant.
• Designed by James KM Cheng Architects.
• Overheight custom designed suite entry door.
• Generous stone threshold at suite entrance.
• Overheight ceilings in residences.
• Richwood flooring in a french herringbone pattern throughout all living areas.
• Plush designer carpet in all bedroom areas.
• European kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities by Boffi from Italy in three gorgeous colour schemes.
• Additional Architect’s Series upgrade package with choice of Boffi LT series finished in either white corian or white high gloss, featuring integrated door handles.
• Romantic electric fireplace.
• Finest quality motorized window shades with woven sun control fabric.
• Purchasers have the option of upgrading to blackout shades in bedrooms and baths.
• Matching shade material throughout the building to create a unified appearance.
• Fully built-out Poliform entry closet andmaster closet.
• Pristine European wood cabinets by Boffi from Italy.
• Soft-closing precision cabinet drawers and doors.
• Polished European granite slab countertop and full-height backsplash.
• Stainless steel double sink.
• Dornbracht Tara Classic mixer.
• Miele 36″ MasterChef stainless steel five-burner gas cooktop with linear grate design1 or Miele 30″ MasterChef stainless steel five-burner gas cooktop with linear grate design.
• Miele 27″ MasterChef stainless steel oven with true European convection, auto roast and intensive baking modes.1
• Miele 24″ MasterChef stainless steel speed oven/convection microwave/auxiliary oven with 11 operating modes.
• Miele stainless steel coffee maker with built-in design and fully automatic one-button grinding, measuring and brewing.1
• Miele Incognito dishwasher with low water consumption and quiet performance, with cabinet overlay door panel.
• Miele stainless steel designer four-speed hood fan with up to 625 cfm motor and heavy duty filters.
• Sub-Zero 36″ custom panelled refrigerator with bottom freezer drawers and internal icemaker.1
• Sub-Zero 24″ undercounter wine storage.1
• Miele front-loading
Bathroom and Powder Room
• Streamlined European wood vanities by Boffi from Italy.
• Self-closing precision cabinet drawers and doors.
• Built-in LCD TV in mirror for master ensuite.
• Polished marble slab countertop for master ensuite and second bath.
• Marble or basalt flooring in gracious oversized tiles in master ensuite.
• Kohler Tea-for-Two white cast iron tub
• Separate glass shower enclosures in master ensuites with soothing Kohler WaterTile, rainshower and body sprays.
• Kohler DTV custom shower experience in master baths allows users to create a spa-like environment in their homes with six user presets and one-touch control outlets.
• Kohler Ingenium Flushing System toilet.
• Contemporary Kohler under-counter basins.
• Sleek bathroom fixtures by Dornbracht MEM series in polished chrome.
• Private Estates 04 and 08 comes with your own fully enclosed two-car private garage.
• Private Estates 05, 06 and 07 comes with single car parking stall.
• Entrances to parking are off Simcoe Street and Adelaide Street.
• Residential parking is gated for security.
• Secured common bicycle rooms and private storage lockers are located within secured
• Centre opening, gearless elevators with high quality finishes.
• Three high-speed 1600 fpm state-of-the art 3000lb. cabs to service the Private Estate levels.
• Carefully designed and fully integrated telecommunications cabling package designed by project technology integration consultants.
• State-of-the-art design allows you to easily and reliably connect to the latest entertainment and information services.
• Cabling architecture provides simplified maintenance today and the ability to upgrade tomorrow.
• Attractive, integrated multi-media outlets provide convenient connections for multiple phone/fax lines, extreme speed Internet access, digital television services and premium phone services.
In Suite Computer Network
• Fully operational, built in, computer network.
• Provides convenient wall connections throughout your home, allowing you to easily connect several computers together, share a printer or surf the web.
• System architecture provides connectivity for wireless networking equipment.
Extreme Speed Internet
• Extreme speed Internet connection is always on.
• Extreme speed Internet services are included, delivering connection speeds of 10Mbps or higher the day you move in.
Systems can be purchased à la carte or combined to create a customized solution. Options include:
• Three levels of dedicated home cinema featuring customized matching cinema millwork, flat screen technology displays, premium audio components, and professional installation and programming.
• Distributed music system provides beautiful music throughout your home.
• Lighting control system lets you control lighting levels in each room at the touch of a button.
• Blackout window shades available for bedrooms only or throughout your home.
• Residential Automation System lets you control your entire home with simple, convenient touch screen control panels.